Saturday, February 4, 2012

3 Weeks Yesterday

Baby number 2 is on the way. Soon. 3 weeks yesterday to be exact. We are excited, nervous, scared but mostly looking forward to becoming a family of four. My daughter Keelyn who is just over 2 is all full of smiles when she talks about the baby's arrival. When we ask her if she thinks it's a girl or a boy she says, "just a baby". She's going to be a great big sister but I worry how she's going to adjust to her world being turned upside down.

I am also preparing to leave my classroom of 4, 5, and 6 year olds (into very capable hands I might add) in two weeks. I know that the kids will go on fine without me, and I will soon be a distant memory but it's hard. Being a teacher is such a big part of who I am. I take pride in what I do and I feel like I am making such a difference in their lives. But for a whole 12 months while I am on maternity leave I get to make a difference in the lives of two very special little people and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment