Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cranberry Banana Baked Oatmeal YUM!

Cranberry Banana Baked Oatmeal 


My healthy baking kick continues.  It's two fold really.  I'm trying to trim my weight but since I'm a breast feeding mom I'm trying to keep my milk supply up.  I struggle with low supply.  Currently I am pumping twice a day, eating a ton of oatmeal, drinking lots of water, taking 9 pills of Domperidone and 12 of Fenugreek every day.  In spite of all of this my supply is down again and poor William has dropped slowly from the 50%ile to the 10th.  I'm surprisingly calm about it.  When this happened last time with Keelyn it was devastating.  But he's generally happy so he's getting enough but I'd like to increase it to more.

So my baking this week all involves oatmeal because it is said that oatmeal increases supply. I have been eating oatmeal daily for breakfast so to change it up I made this delicious recipe Banana Bread Oatmeal from Budget Bytes but I made some modifications.   

4 Medium mashed bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 large eggs
1tbsp of vanilla
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
2 cups almond milk
2.5 cups old-fashioned oats
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup of cranberries
4tbsp brewer's yeast
2 tbsp ground flax
1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut


The recipe calls for brown sugar but I omitted it completely and added 1/3 cup of applesauce instead.  I also put 1tsp of cinnamon and nutmeg and 1tbsp of vanilla.  I didn't have walnuts so I put in dried cranberries.  I put in a 1/2 cup of dried unsweetened coconut, 4 tbsps of brewers yeast (as it is good for supply) and 2tbsp of flax. I also omitted the salt and used almond milk instead of regular.  I have to say my cookies were an epic fail but this is really good!  Even Keelyn likes it.


Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 Mash Bananas then whip in apple sauce, eggs, vanilla and almond milk.  
Step 2: Add dry ingredients.  It's so flexible you can add any dry fruit or nut.  Even chocolate chips would be yummy! Give it a good stir.  

Step 3: Once everything is mixed pour into a baking dish.  You can use glass. I used a round stone from Pampered Chef.

Step 4: Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil.  Then remove for 15-20 until centre is firm and edges are browned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment