Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Fun

I'm off work today with K.  I had an appointment with my OB this morning and I'm fighting off a cold so we are just having a pretty lazy day.

K asked to make crafts and I thought it would be a good time to break out some Valentine's Day activities.  I saw this idea on pinterest (if you don't have pinterest you seriously need to get it!  Let me know and I'll send you an invite).  It's so easy especially for little hands.  All you need is a toilet or paper towel roll.  You squeeze the roll flat then push it back into shape, and the press the top down so it looks like a heart. Then I stuck a piece of tape across the top to keep it in shape.

All the necessary supplies.  Paper roll and red paint.

All K had to do was stick the roll in the red paint and dab away!  She loved doing it.  She made 3 paintings and a few Valentine cards for her friends.  She even sprinkled some glitter on top of the wet paint on some of the cards.  

If I can gather up enough rolls I am going to do this with my class on Monday.  I'll probably mix up a variety of shades of pinks along with the red.  



No comments:

Post a Comment